International Photographers Association of Los Angeles 洛杉磯國際攝影家協會

We don't make a photograph just with a camera; we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. -Ansel Adams
現在的時間是 週四 3月 28, 2024 2:06 am

所有顯示的時間為 UTC - 8 小時 [ DST ]

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 10 篇文章 ] 
發表人 內容
 文章主題 : Yosemite NP info
文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 10:46 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

註冊時間: 週三 6月 20, 2007 4:28 pm
文章: 1570
來自: Simi Valley, CA
要去看火瀑布的注意了﹕

天氣﹕

Today A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the morning.

Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east northeast in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.

Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 46. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the morning.

Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind around 5 mph becoming east northeast in the evening.

Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind around 5 mph.

Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east northeast in the evening.
Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the morning.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming east northeast in the evening.
Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west in the morning.
Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east northeast in the evening.
Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 45. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west in the morning.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章主題 : Re: Yosemite NP info
文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 10:47 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

水量

January 2013 was the third driest Jan on record and the few fronts that came though in the first half of Feb have been light in moisture. Check again before setting your hopes too high.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 10:49 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

專家意見

Michael Frye sent me this e-mail update this morning (Wed, 2-13):

"... a quick report on Horsetail Fall. During a private workshop on Monday I had a chance to check out the water flow. I’d say it’s a little below average for mid-February, but definitely better than last year. Despite six weeks of mostly dry weather there’s still some snow on top of El Capitan to feed the waterfall, and temperatures are supposed to rise a bit this week, which should help melt that snow and increase the water volume.

The window of best light for Horsetail Fall starts this weekend and lasts about a week to ten days. If our dry spell continues we should see some clear skies at sunset during that time — an essential requirement for the Horsetail light show. But the long-range forecast calls for precipitation next Tuesday and Wednesday, so we’ll see."

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 10:50 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

攝友Feb 14所見

I am in Yosemite now. Checked Horsetail twice, the last time at 3:30 pm and I saw no water. Otherwise the conditions are appear perfect. There is apparently snow above, there just needs to be enough warmth to melt it. Maybe tomorrow.
--------------------------------
Hey Chuck,

Now I am not there, and you are. But I will say from past experience, that I have seen no water falling or dripping at 3:30, but shortly after it slowly starts to melt enough and finally by 4:30 you see some flow with it slowly increasing towards sunset. So perhaps 3:30 might have been too early to call it off?

Jim
------------------------------------
Don't let limited water dissuade you from making the pilgrimage if you're new to this.

Even a trickle coupled with the slick, shiny granite will produce an exciting apparition because the main attraction is really the stunning impression made when you see a brilliant vertical streak of sunlit water/rock against the dark granite wall in shade, when your eye doesn't expect to see light there.

And, the comraderie enjoyed with a group of like-minded photogs on site is also worth the trip.

All-in-all a wonderful experience win or lose on the shot.
----------------------------------
Jim,

You hit the nail on the head. Today(Thursday) Horsetail had some water in the morning, but by noon it appeared dry. But by 4:30 or so there was a light flow. It was not spectacular, but something and I'm sure an incentive for those staying to return Friday. I have to say even though I didn't get what I had hoped for on this my second try it was still fun - nice people - and I am sure I will be pleased with the light I did capture.

Chuck
--------------------------------------
Feb. 17

Water was flowing good and light show was put on pictures to follow in a couple of days. Happy happy happy
-------------------------------------
Feb. 18

So snow is supposed to pound Yosemite starting Tuesday. 5-9 inches are possible Tuesday and 1-3 inches Tuesday night, with snow the rest of the week.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 11:00 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

據攝友報告﹐今年光線不錯(上週末)﹐但水量不夠﹐火瀑布希望不大﹐但可能有雪景。

附加檔案:
ff2013.jpg
ff2013.jpg [ 161.47 KIB | 被瀏覽 13873 次 ]

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 11:03 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

Feb 20

Well, it's been another rather dry year for the Firefalls, very little rain or snow fall. It may get alittle better as it's suppose to rain today and snow on Wednesday. This passed 3 day weekend was a zoo, cramed full of people trying to shot the Firefalls, never seen this many people in the park at this time of the year. I did meet alot of really nice folks from all over the country though. Anyways as the title states icons on board, hope you enjoy my versions and C&C always welcomed, thanks for looking.

-----------------------

The flood of photographers has increased in the last few years that they now have "event parking" in the road marked off. The number of photographers keeps growing and growing.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 11:08 am 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

Feb 20

For those going to The Valley to try their hand at photographing Horsetail Fall this weekend, a few other activities of interest to photographers:

Opening this weekend: Yosemite Renaissance 28: A Juried Exhibition of Contemporary Art of Yosemite and the Sierra. Exhibition Saturday, February 23 to Sunday, May 5, 2013 at the Yosemite Museum Gallery, Yosemite National Park. The public is invited to the Awards Reception, this Friday, February 22nd, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.

Ansel Adams Gallery: Michael Frye's "Yosemite Meditations" exhibit opened on January 6 and continues for one more week through March 2, and features now and classic Yosemite photographs of Michael's.

If you are like me, when you shoot in The Valley you start (very!) early and shoot until the light is gone... and at some point in the middle of the day you need a break! I often wander over to the AAG for a bit at that point - always good photography and other art to see, and often interesting people to meet. And this time of year, when the sun goes down early, there is plenty of time to drop in on events like the Yosemite Renaissance exhibit after the day's photography is finished. (If you make it to the YR28 reception on Friday, wander by and say "hi.")

And good luck to all of you trying to shoot horsetail... or any of the myriad other worthy subjects in The Valley.

Dan

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 12:48 pm 
離線
不更
不更
頭像

註冊時間: 週日 9月 25, 2011 8:48 pm
文章: 198
Hi, 驴迹:

Will you be there this weekend (22-24)?

Last time I shoot the horse tail is eight years ago. The water fall is very small too, I used film camera that time.

Thanks,

Simon

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週三 2月 20, 2013 5:51 pm 
離線
中更
中更
頭像

M6 寫:
Hi, 驴迹:

Will you be there this weekend (22-24)?

Last time I shoot the horse tail is eight years ago. The water fall is very small too, I used film camera that time.

Thanks,

Simon

wow, I did not even know there was a fire fall 8 years back.

And yes, I will go and try my luck.

回頂端
 個人資料  

文章發表於 : 週四 2月 21, 2013 9:33 am 
離線
不更
不更
頭像

註冊時間: 週日 9月 25, 2011 8:48 pm
文章: 198
See you there.